Problem Installing libc6 (eglibc) from netboot image

It seems that during a preseeded installation today my squeeze VM installed a proposed update when it shouldn't have:

> root@test:/usr/share/doc# dpkg -l |grep 2.11.3-3
> ii  libc-bin                            2.11.3-3                     Embedded GNU C Library: Binaries
> ii  libc6                               2.11.3-3                     Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
> ii  locales                             2.11.3-3                     Embedded GNU C Library: National Language (locale) data [support]
> ii  nscd                                2.11.3-3                     Embedded GNU C Library: Name Service Cache Daemon

This breaks dependencies:

> root@test:/# apt-get install build-essential
>  build-essential : Depends: libc6-dev but it is not going to be installed or
>                             libc-dev
>                    Depends: g++ (>= 4:4.4.3) but it is not going to be installed
> E: Broken packages

following the chain down…

> root@test:/etc# apt-get install libc6-i386
>  libc6-i386 : Depends: libc6 (= 2.11.3-2) but 2.11.3-3 is to be installed

Now this is odd because squeeze (stable) is only supposed to be installing 2.11.3-2:
http://packages.debian.org/source/squeeze/eglibc

2.11.3-3 is available in proposed updates:
http://qa.debian.org/madison.php?package=eglibc

And is downloadable:
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/e/eglibc/

And of course, my sources.list is a squeeze-only list and does not contain proposed updates. I think this is supported because "apt-cache showpkg libc6" shows the new version (already installed) and the old version in the repository. So I think the netboot installer somehow incorrectly installed the proposed-update. Or maybe a repository temporarily contained the new version when it shouldn't have. Or maybe the new version is being rolled out right now but all the mirrors haven't been updated yet.

Or maybe I'm messed something up. This doesn't effect me too terribly right now, I just wanted to post this in case someone else was having a similar problem.

-Chris