Re: Convert mp3 enbulk

Rob Owens wrote:
> > > ffmpeg -i somesong.mp3 -acodec libvorbis somesong.ogg
>
> This command was successful on my system as well, although it produced a
> very low bitrate ogg file.  You can add one of these switches to the
> ffmpeg command to correct this:
>
> -aq 5		#set the quality level to 5
> -ab 192k	#set the audio bitrate to 192k

I don't think using -ab is desirable.  Plus it seems that -ab is
ignored if -aq is set.

Setting -aq 4 to a nominal 128kb/s achieves something similar to
oggenc defaults.  So for me this is a good compromise:

 ffmpeg -i somesong.mp3 -acodec libvorbis -aq 4 somesong.ogg

The table here lists associated libvorbis quality levels and bit rates.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vorbis#Technical_details

  -aq4  128 kbit/s
  -aq5  160 kbit/s
  -aq6  192 kbit/s