Re: Convert mp3 enbulk

On 2012-02-20, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

>> I'm lazy so I'd use the command line.
>
> Me too.
>
> I have the opposite problem.  Everything I have is in ogg format.  But
> sometimes I want to play on a device that doesn't understand ogg and
> can only play mp3 format.  I simply convert the file to .wav format
> and then encode it again to mp3.  You could do something similar.

That's seems silly.  Why convert it to wav first?  Why not convert directly to
mp3:

ffmpeg -i example.ogg to example.mp3

or whatever the command would be.

Anyway, it's double lossy whatever you do, and maybe even worse if you
go the roundabout wav route (though I don't really know, but you can't
fool mother nature).

Or maybe my understanding is shaky you'll illuminate me.