Re: Convert mp3 enbulk

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 08:44:52PM -0600, Chris wrote:
> Hey there all.
>
> I have taken my audio cd collection and ripped to 192 bit mp3 files.
>
> Is there something out there that will
>
> 1. Convert to ogg enbulk
> 2. Then, I would like to duplicate the structure I have I place for the mp3 to the ogg format.
>
> Currently, the structure is thus
> Artist (directory)
> Album (directory)
> Song
>
> Currently, that all resides under a mount point called Music
>
> The end point would be thus
> Music (mount point)
> Ogg (dir)
>      Artist (dir)
>           Album title (dir)
>                 Song
>
> MP3
>       Artist (dir)
>             Album (dir)
>                   Song

I'm lazy so I'd use the command line.

I'd just duplicate the whole tree, say

	cp -r Music Music-ogg

Then cd Music-ogg and

	find . -name "*mp3" -exec oggenc <options> {} \;

I know there are more elegant ways to do it, but for a one-time task I'm far
too lazy to look them up.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!