Re: using a bluetooth headset

2012/2/14 Pierre Frenkiel <pierre.frenkiel@gmail.com>:
> hi
> I'm  trying to use a bluetooth headset, and curiously, it works only
> for Skype(at least for the speaker, not for the microphone),
> and not for any other program.
> According what I found in a forum. I put in .asoundrc.asoundconf
>
>   pcm.bluetooth {
>       type plug
>       slave {
>           pcm "bluetooth_hw"
>       }
>   }
>
>   pcm.bluetooth_hw {
>         type bluetooth
>         device 00:0C:55:57:AC:23
>         profile "auto"
>   }
>
> but alsa still sends the sound to my PC speakers.
> I checked that Alsa actually uses this .asoundrc.asoundconf file, as it
> works
> for my other sound device (a wireless speaker)
>
> How come that Skype is the only program which sees all my sound devices?
>
> --
> Pierre Frenkiel
>

> --
> Archive:
> [🔎] alpine.DEB.2.00.1202141702260.28071@pfr2.frenkiel-hure.net">http://lists.debian.org/[🔎] alpine.DEB.2.00.1202141702260.28071@pfr2.frenkiel-hure.net

Hi,

Are you using pulseaudio?

In this case use pavucontrol. I had the same problem and I could
configure it using this tool.

PAVUCONTROL(1)
                                     PAVUCONTROL(1)

NAME
       pavucontrol - A volume control for the PulseAudio sound server

SYNOPSIS
       pavucontrol

DESCRIPTION
       A simple volume control tool (mixer) for the PulseAudio sound
server. In contrast to classic mixer tools this one
       allows you to control both the volume of hardware devices and
of each playback stream separately. It also allows
       you to redirect a playback stream to another output device
without interrupting playback.

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Juan Sierra Pons                                 juan@elsotanillo.net
Linux User Registered: #257202       http://www.elsotanillo.net
GPG key = 0xA110F4FE
Key Fingerprint = DF53 7415 0936 244E 9B00  6E66 E934 3406 A110 F4FE