Sticky bit on device files?

Hello all,

Since some time I get the message
> swapon: [...]: insecure permissions 1660, 0660 suggested.

[1] is related to this. I'm not worried, but there are two things I wonder:

1) Foremost, what does the sticky bit on character or block device files even
_mean_? I'm guessing it's meaningless, but I wonder. My Google fu comes up
empty. <paranoid mode> It's a big cover up? </paranoid mode> ;P

2) How come the sticky bit is set for a whole bunch of character and block
devices? Grepping through udev rules didn't shed light on it. I didn't feel like
reading all rules manually, hoping somebody already knows.

Here you can see a few of all those device files on my (Wheezy) box:

root@tweek:/dev# find -perm -1000 -printf '%P %y\n'|sort -n
adsp c
audio c
autofs c