(Solved) Re: "Gnome" package now requires installing "tracker"?

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:45:53 -0500, Frank McCormick wrote:

> On 14/02/12 11:50 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 17:07:34 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:

(...)

>>> That said, it's a meta package. If you don't like it, don't use it.
>>
>> I wish it were that simple. The metapackage has changed its
>> requirements, now it can't be removed so easily.
>
>    I don't understand..I purged gnome and gnome-core and now can freely
> remove what I want. Not even sure why I keep Gnome around....I normally
> run Openbox or Fluxbox.

Well, yes.

I finally purged "gnome" which also removed "gnome-desktop-environment"
and now I can have a "tracker-free" GNOME system with no apparently
drawbacks. It was not a desired move but heck, who cares about users?
>>>:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón