Re: "Gnome" package now requires installing "tracker"?

On 14.02.2012 18:13, Camaleón wrote:

> I'm not speaking about "gnome-documents" but "gnome". I have "gnome" and
> I don't have installed many of the listed applications.
>
> What makes this package different (and a requirement) is what I'd like to
> know.

Seriously, what is so hard to understand.

The gnome-related metapackages in Debian are modelled after what
upstream uses in their core [1] and apps [2] set of libraries and
applications.

Simple as that.

That gnome-documents uses tracker is an implementation detail.

Michael

[1] http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/core/3.2/
[2] http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/apps/3.2/
universe are pointed away from Earth?