Re: Installing debian, dual boot on 1 TB disk?

On Monday, February 13, 2012 08:27:10 PM you wrote:

> Hi Gerald,

> that's fine, hope it works. May I ask what are you downloading; is it a MS

> tool? This interests me, in order to have several possible solutions for

> this kind of issue. Regards,

> Andrew

> > Hi Andrew,

> > I took the easy way out and phoned Microsoft.

> > Explained what I wanted to do and they gave me a link to both 32

> > bit and 64 bit Win7

> > I am, at his moment, downloading them. I shall then repartition the

> > system and re-

> > install win and then setup the Linux system (I hope).

> > Thank you for replying.

> > Gerald

Hi Andrew,

I rang Microsoft and explained the I wanted a data partition on the 1TB drive to store data . I told them I thought the 890GB of space taken up by windows a bit of waste since If I had to re-install the system it deleted all the data as well.

They gave me 2 pointer to download the 32 and 64 bit versions of win7.

I do not use Windows except to set up the Canon Printer for which we don't not yet have driver for and for Warranty purposes.

It is now installed with win7 100GB and a windata partition of 50GB and the rest for Linux.

Gerald