Re: Installing debian, dual boot on 1 TB disk?

Quoting Gerald <gcsgcatling@bigpond.com>:

> Hi Andrew,
> I rang Microsoft and explained the I wanted a data partition on the
> 1TB drive to
> store data . I told them I thought the 890GB of space taken up by
> windows a bit of
> waste since If I had to re-install the system it deleted all the
> data as well.
> They gave me 2 pointer to download the 32 and 64 bit versions of
> win7.
> I do not use Windows except to set up the Canon Printer for which
> we don't not yet
> have driver for and for Warranty purposes.
> It is now installed with win7 100GB and a windata partition of 50GB
> and the rest for
> Linux.
> Gerald

Hi Gerald,
thanks for your feedback. Nice, diplomatic solution. I'll do the same if I'll ever bump again into a similar problem. I also use an old Windows XP for similar purposes; fortunately without all the obstacles implied by W7. Anyway, this saturation of primary partitions suggests that MS is trying to make the installation of "foreign" OSs more and more difficult. I don't like this at all, sounds like suppression of freedom.
All the best,
Andrew