Re: aptitude/apt-get update downloads needless translations

* On 2012 08 Feb 16:36 -0600, Florian Rehnisch wrote:
> o Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us>:
>
> > Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org wheezy/main TranslationIndex
> > Ign http://ftp.us.debian.org wheezy/non-free Translation-en_US
>
> > This is repeated for all manner of i18n stuff and can be several 10s of
> > megabytes of download that I don't need.  How can I get rid of this
> > nonsense?
>
> see apt.conf(5), maybe
> Acquire::Languages { "none" }
> helps.

That looked promising, but no dice.  It's still merrily downloading
every translation in sight.  I tried "en"; and "none"; per the man page
but it seems to be ignored.  :-(

Comparing my apt configurations, I don't see anything different between
them.  Wierd.

- Nate >>