Re: [OT] Re: GNU/Debian Linux vs. facebook, Twitter and other proprietary social media

On Sunday 05 February 2012 13:02:35 Nuno Magalhães wrote:
> OP oughta focus on intended audience first, then he'll know which means to
> use.

+1  I think that the intended (or hoped for) clientele is very significant; as
also is the type of business: repeat or new every time.

We have a local small cafe (I live in a village) that is as busy as it can
cope with on sunny days, and has customers all the time.  So I looked to see
if I could trace its publicity policy.

It has a good location, a lovely friendly staff and "honest" home made food
(snacks, homemade cakes etc. rather than full meals).  It appears not to have
a website, and a Google search does not bring up a face-book page.  It has,
however, got an entry in Yell.com.

To be honest,  I think its customers happen upon it the first time - and then
come back because they like the experience.  It has, as I said, a good
location.  But so, the OP says, has he.

Lisi