Re: [OT] Re: GNU/Debian Linux vs. facebook, Twitter and other proprietary social media

On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 12:13:58 +0000, Nuno Magalhães wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 11:20, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Identi.ca and DIASPORA*, the
>> open counterparts for Internet socializing.
>
> Don't know about identi.ca, but disaspora started asking for money even
> before lauch, did they get to actually leave beta-stage?

And what's make you think open source projects cannot ask for money? I
see nothing wrong there. I prefer a company or a project is transparent
enough to say, "hey, we need $$$ to put this working" and ask for it.

> People who care about their privacy might most likely not care for
> social networks and be, instead, concerned if the login details of the
> café's website are sent encrypted or not.

There is nothing wrong in using social networking techniques to enhance
your business. They're an easy and free way of massively advertizing.
Securing the AP has nothing to do with this, you can care in both things:
marketing and technical stuff.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón