Re: Downgrading? - What about Orca in wheezy?

On Vi, 03 feb 12, 19:28:57, Bob Proulx wrote:

> It is still a long time until Wheezy releases.  There is no indicate
> one way or the other about whether gnome-orca will be in wheezy or
> not.  It is too early to tell.  I think you should be patient and wait
> and see.  A lot can happen in a year.

apt-cache policy gnome-orca
gnome-orca:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2.30.2-2
  Version table:
     3.0.4-1 0
          1 http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ experimental/main i386 Packages
     2.30.2-2 0
        500 http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ sid/main i386 Packages
        500 http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main i386 Packages
     2.22.2-1 0
        500 http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ lenny/main i386 Packages

Since a new version is already in experimental I expect it is waiting
for something to be uploaded to sid (and then transition to wheezy),
probably dependencies. If you are already experimenting with that other
box you could just try to use the experimental version before
reinstalling.

Kind regards,
Andrei