Re: Downgrading? - What about Orca in wheezy?

Hello!
  Thanks bob and Aidan!
  OK, I do understand now, why downgrading wouldn't be possible.
So let's talk about Orca. :-) I found, that Orca is no longer available in wheezy and an installation of Squeeze's GNOME+Orca reulted in a lot of problems, which I could understand before. Still, this is a bloody nonsense. :-) Now I might have to install Ubuntu, which has the latest Orca, but which I don't like as a distro. and I wouldn't want to chance having Ubuntu repositories included in a Debian system. At the moment my Squeeze here is running very, very reliably and I don't want to give it up. But on that other computer I will now have to reinstall my system. Yes, I might have taken a more careful look before, I know, I know. This is not blaming anyone for my extra work. Still it's mildly understated: very surprising, that Orca support has vanished. Is it due to maintainers or policy? Might we expect to see Orca yet? I just want to knw, so I will know, what to expect in future and where to turn. If I have to look for a new distro, I'd rather start now, when it isn't yet too pressing.
  Warmly yours
            Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

======      Find my music at      ======