Re: Downgrading? - What about Orca in wheezy?

Hi bob!
I'm sorry, I see, that I wrote rather without context, besides I expressed myself unclearly. Yes, we are talking about Gnome-Orca. Why do I "have to upgrade"? The new Orca version has a lot of fixes for problems, which are there in the old version. These fixes will allow to use much more software in a satisfactory way or to use some software at all. And it has support for QT4, which opens up a host of new applications. Why is the other computer the problem? It is, because I upgraded to Wheezy on that machine to see, where it gets me. I have to start somewhere. :-) As it turned out, I might just have researched a little more, but I wouldn't have thought it possible. I know about Gnome3, that is exactly why, I was looking forward to Wheezy. Ghome-orca is bound to Gnome, that is exactly the point. Otherwise, I would have gone for just downloading sources and compiling a new Orca for my Squeeze system. As you say, a lot might happen and since I'm still mainly focussed on the commandline, I will wait and see, what happens. As I said I much prefer Debian to some of the other distros for several reasons, only one of them being, that it is rather reliable, even when I was working with testing branches.
  Warm regards
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

======      Find my music at      ======