Re: Plymouth only displays text bar

Le Fri, 27 Jan 2012 18:15:19 +0000 (UTC),
Ramon Hofer <ramonhofer@bluewin.ch> a écrit :

[...]
> So if I get you right, I'm fine when I install linux-image-amd64 and
> nvidia-glx both from the squeeze backports?

That's what I was thinking: to install the kernel and the nvidia driver
from the same repo (either stable or backports) but I see now that
nvidia-glx from backports depends on nvidia-kernel-dkms (which depends
on dkms, which depends on linux-headers), so, in theory, you could
install stable nvidia-glx and a backported kernel and the right nvidia
kernel module should be built.
All from the same repo would probably be simpler, though.

[...]
> > I still would suggest you to run
> >  # update-initramfs -u -k all
> > in order to update the initrd images of all installed kernels
>
> I removed the squeeze backports kernel so it shouldn't be necessary
> anymore?

If you have only one kernel or if it is the latest of the installed
ones: no it should not be necessary

> Now I've just tried to install those two packages. The kernel
> installed without problems:
> http://pastebin.com/py1W6xCS
>
> But when I want to install nvidia-glx from squeeze backports I get
> nvidia-glx is already the newest version.
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 42 not upgraded.
>
> But apt-get dist-upgrade doesn't do anything...
>
> Maybe the apt just doesn't take the right repo?
>
> Here's the output of apt-get -t squeeze-backports install nvidia-glx:
> http://pastebin.com/dbiAbndp

That's right: from the version numbers of your log, apt-get does not
take into consideration the backported version of nvidia-glx.
I have never used the -t option of apt-get/aptitude: maybe this option
implies that it installs only the package from the specified repo but
not its dependencies from that specified repo?
Maybe then you would have to specify pinnings in /etc/apt/preferences?
Or "apt-get install -t" first the dependencies of nvidia-glx before
apt-getting -t nvidia-glx itself?
I really don't know, I have rarely used backports in the past so
don't take my word for it...