Re: Run in terminal from XFCE file browser?

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 08:46:00AM +1000, Ashton Fagg wrote:
> On 27 January 2012 07:05, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> > In XFCE's Thunar file browser you can right click on a script and
> > execute it.  Fine.  Is there a way to run the script in a terminal
> > from the file browser?
> >
> > Of course there is always Alt-F2, Select run in terminal, Run, but
> > that isn't associated with that particular file and so the user needs
> > to type in the full path to the file which isn't as convenient.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bob
>
> I'd be interested to know this also.
>
> I don't think there is. This can be achieved in Nautilus, but
> seemingly not in Thunar. I thought maybe if you associated ".sh" with
> the terminal, but that doesn't work either...

Why don't you just right click in thunar and choose "Open Terminal
Here", and then execute the script in the terminal?
Don't right click the script/file itself, but just inside the file
manager empty space in that directory.
Then when your terminal is open, just do
./nameofscript

./tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me