Re: Run in terminal from XFCE file browser?

Ashton Fagg wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > In XFCE's Thunar file browser you can right click on a script and
> > execute it.  Fine.  Is there a way to run the script in a terminal
> > from the file browser?
>
> I'd be interested to know this also.

With some help (Thanks Greg!) I have something that works in a brute
force way.  Could be nicer.

Right-click, Open With, Open With Other Application..., select Use a
custom command:, then use (generically) "x-terminal-emulator -e", then
Open.  That works.  (I say generically because x-terminal-emulator
will point to whatever is installed and will be different for XFCE,
LXDE, GNOME, KDE, and so forth.  Or use 'xterm -e' for the trusty old
xterm.)

Unfortunately it doesn't remember the history of what was typed in
before so whatever you type in you will have to do each and every
time.  That is a lot of clicking and typing!

It would still be nice to have a handler that would be immediately
available on the prompt without having to type it in manually.  Seems
like one could be created with some effort.  Like "Mousepad" is for
text files.  There is probably a freedesktop way to do this.

Bob