Re: Run in terminal from XFCE file browser?

On 27 January 2012 09:25, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> Right-click, Open With, Open With Other Application..., select Use a
> custom command:, then use (generically) "x-terminal-emulator -e", then
> Open.  That works.  (I say generically because x-terminal-emulator
> will point to whatever is installed and will be different for XFCE,
> LXDE, GNOME, KDE, and so forth.  Or use 'xterm -e' for the trusty old
> xterm.)

...interesting. I figured there had to be a nice interface for this,
although it's not exactly obvious. Not ideal though because it messes
with whatever file associations you had for .sh files (probably OK for
people like ourselves who probably use something like vi or emacs) but
might be a bit of problem if he uses some graphical editor.

Just FYI this hurdle might be possible to overcome. See here:

http://thunar.xfce.org/pwiki/documentation/custom_actions

I usually use Tony's suggestion (I use Terminator rather than
xfce4-terminal) and just execute them that way if I can't be bothered
to "cd" to the right path. However that's not entirely autonomous.