Re: how to mount a Video DVD when it is on hard drive. ?

shirish शिरीष wrote:
> Please CC me if replying to this query.

> I know how to mount data DVD's in Debian but I don't know how to
> mount Media DVD's so they look like a DVD drive and can be played.
> Looking forward for answers and tips.

Along with the other answers posted you can use mplayer like this:

  mplayer dvd://1 -dvd-device /srv/videos/disk_image_directory

Can also play the menus from it using the dvdnav://// with a lot of
slashes like this:

  mplayer dvdnav:////srv/videos/disk_image_directory

And of course if you can play it then you can use dumpstream to
extract the video to a file.

Also you can play the .vob files directly.  Let's assume that track
four contains the main video stream:

  mplayer /srv/videos/dvd_image_directory/VIDEO_TS/VTS_04_*.VOB

Also it seems that vlc is perfectly happy with the directory but for
me I have found that I need to ensure that there is a trailing slash
on the end.  This may be causing some confusion when trying to use it
to play a directory.

Does not work:
  vlc /srv/videos/dvd_image_directory

Works with a trailing slash: