Re: how to mount a Video DVD when it is on hard drive. ?

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 13:02:56 +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:

>  Please CC me if replying to this query.

Sorry, I can't :-(

> I know how to mount data DVD's in Debian but I don't know how to mount
> Media DVD's so they look like a DVD drive and can be played .

(...)

So what you need is to rip/transcoding (or use a dvd backup utility) a
DVD and then play it from the hard disk :-)

The key point if to know if the DVD is protected or not.

If it's not protected just copy/paste the files into a folder and point
VideoLAN to it.

If it's protected and depending on the type of security it uses, you will
have to use a program which can deal with "libdvdcss". I think that VLC
itself provides such option.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón