Re: how to mount a Video DVD when it is on hard drive. ?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: how to mount a Video DVD when it is on hard drive. ?
- From: Camaleón <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 16:25:21 +0000 (UTC)
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <CADdDZRme76AvsHN+m=tBXjDAYOr89dUni_gP93p_82tLy7_cfQ@mail.gmail.com>
On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 13:02:56 +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> Please CC me if replying to this query.
Sorry, I can't :-(
> I know how to mount data DVD's in Debian but I don't know how to mount
> Media DVD's so they look like a DVD drive and can be played .
So what you need is to rip/transcoding (or use a dvd backup utility) a
DVD and then play it from the hard disk :-)
The key point if to know if the DVD is protected or not.
If it's not protected just copy/paste the files into a folder and point
VideoLAN to it.
If it's protected and depending on the type of security it uses, you will
have to use a program which can deal with "libdvdcss". I think that VLC
itself provides such option.