Re: ptrace suid?

And the actual problem with virtualbox, alsaplayer, gxine, and
presumably more programs I hadn't found yet was:

Somehow, at some point in the past, a bunch of opengl-related files
landed in my /usr/lib (only on the machine where things were failing, of
course):

snowball:511$ ls /usr/lib/libGL*
/usr/lib/libGL.la	     /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1@
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1@	     /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1.0.9639*
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1.0.9639*

I've got no idea where they came from:

snowball:512$ dpkg -S /usr/lib/libGL*
dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /usr/lib/libGL.la.
dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.
dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.0.9639.
dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1.
dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1.0.9639.

I deleted them all, and things are now working.

I'd still be curious to find a way to re-enable suid with ptrace when
necessary....