Re: Dvorak Keyboards.

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 07:40, Weaver <weaver@riseup.net> wrote:
>> Yes, it raises the point that some manufacturers achieve their hardware
>> height and profile, not from the keyboard base, but from the different
>> heights of keys on the different rows of a Qwerty.
>>

> My current keyboard is built like that, each row of keys has a
> different profile. I moved the keycaps from qwerty to Colemak
> regardless, and although one can see with the eye that not all the
> keycaps are level, it cannot be felt in typing. I am a very sensitive
> typer, I can tell you which keys take 35 grams of force, which take
> 45, and which are inaccurate and take too much. If I don't notice the
> different keycaps in typing, then I assure you that it is not an
> issue. Note that I did put some rough tape on the (qwerty) F and J
> keys to help me find home row.

Yes, on referring to the companies themselves for information, I've found
that many don't know much about their own product.
The Australian agent for  one brand states that they don't make a keyboard
that caters for Dvorak, while the manufacturer says that there's not a
problem.

I don't appreciate that sort of thing on a professional level.
If they're that sloppy, maybe their support and other aspects are the same.
Doesn't give you much confidence in buying their product, going forward.
Regards,

Weaver.

by the wise as false,
and by the rulers as useful.