Re: Dvorak Keyboards.

> On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 16:46:47 -0800
> "Weaver" <weaver@riseup.net> wrote:

>> >From investigations so far.
>> Advice from Daskeyboards support:
>>
>> "Thanks for your interest in Das Keyboard!
>>
>> The physical key caps cannot be rearranged into the Dvorak layout
>> because
>> each row has a different height and curvature, so keys on the QWERTY row
>> would not feel right when mixed with keys on the ASDF or ZXCV rows. The
>> keyboard can be used in Dvorak when you change the settings in your
>> computer, but the keys themselves can't be rearranged without it feeling
>> "wrong" to your fingers.
>>
>> I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions".
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Weaver.
>
> While I have a das keyboard, the answer is correct.  Unicomp might have a
> layout that is hardware based.  I'd try them at http://pckeyboards.com

Yes, it raises the point that some manufacturers achieve their hardware
height and profile, not from the keyboard base, but from the different
heights of keys on the different rows of a Qwerty.

Still, one of their blank 'Ultimate' boards, that only needs the change in
the software config. should be fine.
I'm thinking of doing that and buying stickers for the initial stage.
Once they wear off, I should be well on top of the touch typing situation.
Regards,

Weaver.

by the wise as false,
and by the rulers as useful.