Re: casablanca

Scott Ferguson schreef:
On 08/01/12 04:59, steef wrote:
hi all!

maybe this question does not belong on this maybe it does: however... as
a long time debian user i give it a try in the hope a kind soul can be
of some help

a friend of mine is a birdwatcher and makes movies of woodpeckers with
youngs in their nest; a tedious job of weeks of observation etc. with
three cameras in our sometime horrible dutch climate.

he tried to put the images of these three cameras together with a piece
of german hardware called casablanca running on opensource software
(guess what!) called bogart. the hd-capacity of the hardware is 500 GB.
type 2000S. software type unknown. he put the output-images (raw) an
enormous quantity of a couple of terabytes on 4 external hd's. he could
not open any of the images (collected in projects) anymore so he came to
me. with mplayer and some experiments in /etc/fstab and /mnt, gparted
and mkfs.ext3 i could mount some parts of one of the hdś and make the
images visible again on a partition in one of my machines, however,
without sound.

sorry for this long introduction.

my question: is there somebody out there who knows more of the
casablanca 2000S and the software called bogart?

thank you,

regards,

steef

Pretty sure the format was AVCHD (mpeg ".mt2s" files), sounds like
you've found ffmpeg will handle the video (using libavcodec).

You might also try ffdshow tryouts:-
http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/

Sound is probably PCM (for quality), but could be AC-3

Cheers

thanks scott. this could be of substantial help.

reg.,

steef