casablanca

hi all!

maybe this question does not belong on this maybe it does: however... as a long time debian user i give it a try in the hope a kind soul can be of some help

a friend of mine is a birdwatcher and makes movies of woodpeckers with youngs in their nest; a tedious job of weeks of observation etc. with three cameras in our sometime horrible dutch climate.

he tried to put the images of these three cameras together with a piece of german hardware called casablanca running on opensource software (guess what!) called bogart. the hd-capacity of the hardware is 500 GB. type 2000S. software type unknown. he put the output-images (raw) an enormous quantity of a couple of terabytes on 4 external hd's. he could not open any of the images (collected in projects) anymore so he came to me. with mplayer and some experiments in /etc/fstab and /mnt, gparted and mkfs.ext3 i could mount some parts of one of the hdś and make the images visible again on a partition in one of my machines, however, without sound.

sorry for this long introduction.

my question: is there somebody out there who knows more of the casablanca 2000S and the software called bogart?

thank you,

regards,

steef