Re: dhclient renewal

On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 16:43:24 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

> And from man page I can't see an option which you can configure from the
> client side to define a renewal interval... hum.

Hugo... let's go debugging.

Open a console and type:

telnet 192.168.0.190
username: 1234 (type yours)
password: xxxx (type yours)

Then type:

dhcp server lease list ↵

And see what's the current TTL (Time To Live) value for the current
assigned lease (it should be 24 hours minus the time of the last renewal
request from client).

>From here (telnet) you can also configure the router's LAN DHCP settings:

dhcp server pool list (to display the current pool's name)
dhcp server pool config (to configure the pool)

(I remember I had to specifically use the telnet interface for setting up
one feature of the DHCP server which did not stick when it was configured
using the web interface)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón