Wheezy live [was] Re: regarding e2fsprogs 1.42

On 2012-01-03, Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:
> The auto fsck/root problem (if ever encountered) could be got around by
> using the Wheezy live CD/USB[*1] which is the path I chose thanks to
> your chroot tip.

It looks like you have gotten Wheezy live to work.  I have not been able
to.  What I have tried from Squeeze 2.6.32-5-amd64 is (directories not
shown):

git clone git://live.debian.net/git/live-build.git
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b -uc -us
dpkg-deb -i live-build_3.0~a40-1_all.deb
lb config -b iso -d wheezy -p lxde
lb build 2>&1 | tee build.log
I don't see any obvious errors reported in the log.
wodim -v dev=/dev/scd0 binary.iso
The md5sums of binary.iso and CD agree.

When I boot with the CD, I get a debian splash screen with a "Boot menu"
containing a "Live" line and "Other options" line.  Up and down arrows
work.  Selecting "Live" and pressing Enter just gives a beep.  I also
tried from Squeeze:
kvm -cdrom binary.iso -m 1024
with similar results.  From the "Other options", I am able to get
Hardware Detection Tool to work and memtest86+ to run.

Do you know what am I missing to get Wheezy live to boot?