Re: radeonhd removed from Testing ... in February, still gone?

On 02/01/12 07:59, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 01, 2012 at 06:36:30PM +0000, Camale?n wrote:
>
>>> What firmware package?
>>
>> Some ATI cards need "firmware-linux-nonfree" package to enable 3D
>> acceleration:
>
> I figured that out, but installing it had no effect. And if it's required
> WHY AM I SUPPOSED TO FIGURE THAT OUT? Why isn't it a dependency for the
> fglrx or radeon packages?

Because it isn't required for all cards, and depending on something
non-free would push the free radeon package into contrib, making it
totally unusable for those of us who don't choose to install contrib or
non-free packages.

> Or at least pop up a message telling me it might be needed?

That is perhaps more reasonable, but I'm not sure when it would pop up,
or where.

Richard