Re: pasuspender syntax

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 15:34:50 +0000, Richard wrote:

>> > Thanks its the last bit I'm confused with <argument>
>>
>> Try without any argument :-)
>>
>> > I've tried -s alsa, but that doesn't do any thing
>>
>> If I'm reading right the manual page, "-s" is not listed as a valid
>> "argument" but an "option", so:
>>
>> pasuspender -s alsa -- application
>>

> Hi I've just tried that , and there is a minor problem as it tries to
> start the application, which if you are starting from a shell script is
> awkward.

Okay, just a wild guess. Now is when you can make use of an <argument>
you can pass to the application so it starts in the background. Because
in the end you wanted to run the application, right?

> However, I found that /usr/bin/pulseaudio --kill does what it
> says, BUT pulseaudio immediately respawns. I've looked in pulseaudio
> --help, but I can't see a switch to disable the respawn.
>
> Is there a clean way of stopping the respawn ?

Sorry, for this one I can't make further guesses... hum, wait (heck,
you're lucky that Google behaves like a mind reader >;-) )

Ubuntu Tip: Turning PulseAudio On and Off
http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/7130/2

Greetings,

--
Camaleón