Re: pasuspender syntax

On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 10:22:41 +0000, Richard wrote:

> I'm attempting to use pasuspender to stop pulseaudio when I run an app.
> the man page is not helpful nor is -h. What is the correct syntax to
> suspend pulse audio and just use alsa ?
>
> pasuspender --server=ALSA does nothing, so I guess its wrong.

Here you have a sample:

***
http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup#Audacity

Audacity doesn't support PulseAudio, nor Esound for the moment. You'll
have to kill or suspend pulseaudio before you use this application.
Audacity uses the PortAudio cross-platform Audio API which doesnt support
pulseaudio. Some work was started on making portaudio support PulseAudio
but this does not appear to be under active development currently and
does not work in it's current state.

Audacity can use OSS for sound input and sound output. By changing the 2
settings in preferences to /dev/dsp, and running audacity as

padsp audacity

you route OSS sound through pulseaudio and can have successful playback
and recording with audacity. You could also set the sound input to be
ALSA which (for regular users) is less likely to be blocked by another
application, as recording with multiple applications at once is less
commonly done

Using pasuspender to momentarily suspend pulseaudio is another way to use
Audacity.

pasuspender -- audacity <argument>
***

Maybe you can apply something similar for your aplication.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón