Re: Alternatives to Iceape Display Problems?

On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 13:39:07 -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 05, 2011 at 04:44:06PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> To ensure what flash plugin your browser sees, you can:
>>
>> 1/ Open Iceape browser and type "about:plugins"
>
> This is how I found where the different versions of flash were
> installed.

It is fine to have several versions of the plugin. I also have Gnash
(installed system-wide) and Adobe's Flash installed in my mozilla home
folder, this way I can see how both work: Firefox uses Adobe flash while
Epiphany loads Gnash :-)

>> 2/ Go to Adobe Flash test site:
>> http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
>
> There are no linkds to the Adobe test site in the iceape about:plugins
> listing.  (Other plugings, VLC Multimedia Plugin for example, do include
> url's)

X-)

No, of course, you have to manually copy/paste the above URI into
Iceape's location bar and wait for the results. It's a flash player test
page for your browser.

>> And put here the results :-)
>
> Went to the Adobe site, downloaded and installed the latest version of
> the plugin.  The site lists Chrome as the appropriate browser for flash.

But that will not solve your Iceape's problem with flash player and video
plugins :-?

> Finally, my apologies for not immediately following your earlier advice
> to read the raw html code.  I find I was forwarded a message which
> failed to contain the jpeg images called in the html code.
>
> Sorry I wasted our time by not checking this immediately.

Don't worry, I wish all the errors were like that ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón