Re: Alternatives to Iceape Display Problems?

On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 10:55:26 -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 05, 2011 at 11:01:20AM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> You mean Iceape browser is not displaying images nor flash player
>> videos at all? For this problem, I would take a look into this KB:
>>
>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Images_or_animations_do_not_load
>
> I checked out this reference too.  The iceape settings are as
> recommended except that one setting regarding navigation does not exist
> in the iceape preferences.  The reference also notes that flash problems
> are discussed in a separate article Video_or_audio_does_not_play.  This
> page is blank.

Try with this URI:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Video%20or%20audio%20does%20not%20play

> I believe the flash plugin is the problem.  I started using the Google
> Chrome browser because it included the latest version of flash. Checking
> the plugins in iceape I found three versions of Shockwave Flash
> installed, each in a different directory:
>

> dragon:~# ll /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 125816 Sep 29 13:50 /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so

This is the wrapper file. Nowadays it should not be needed anymore, just leave
it as is.

> dragon:~# ll /usr/lib/gnash/libgnashplugin.so
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 275072 Sep 12  2010 /usr/lib/gnash/libgnashplugin.so

This is the Gnash flash plugin. Some sites can reject loading flash content if
they don't detect the Adobe Flash Player plugins installed. Sad but true :-(

> dragon:~# ll /home/tom/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
> -rw-r--r-- 1 tom tom 10606256 Mar 11  2011 /home/tom/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

(...)

And this is the Adobe Flash player plugin. Because it is located in your home,
it takes preference over system wide plugin folder at "/usr/lib[64]/mozilla/plugins/".

To ensure what flash plugin your browser sees, you can:

1/ Open Iceape browser and type "about:plugins"
2/ Go to Adobe Flash test site: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

And put here the results :-)

Greetings,

--