Re: where did gmplayer go?

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 07:39:42 +1100, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> Where did gmplayer go?
> No where - it never existed (which would make finding it difficult).

Until recently, there was a file /usr/bin/gmplayer that was just a link to
/usr/bin/mplayer.  That's what I was referring to.  If the calling command
was "gmplayer", it brought up a skin from /usr/share/mplayer/skins.

> I assume you're referring to gnome-mplayer which is the GTK interface
> for mplayer.  It's still there in all Debian releases.

I do see that I have gnome-mplayer, and it does work as a front end.  But I
don't believe that gmplayer called gnome-mplayer.  Gnome-mplayer doesn't seem
to care that /usr/share/mplayer/skins no longer exists.

> TIP: use the excellent debian-multimedia(DM) repository ...

I have quite a few of their packages, including mplayer.  Thanks.