where did gmplayer go?

I just let my Wheezy system upgrade mplayer, and now I can't get a skin for
the player.  (The skin is a separate window that has, among other things, a
slider that lets you jump to a time of your choice while playing.)  In the
past, mplayer came with a link called gmplayer.  Calling gmplayer brought up
a skin.  The latest manual still shows this, as well as a -skin option that
also fails.  dpkg.log shows the upgrade as follows:

upgrade mplayer 3:1.0~rc4+svn20111024-0.0 3:1.0~rc4+svn20111213-0.0

That upgrade also deleted mplayer-skin-blue (the default skin I had been
using).  Putting that back didn't help.  I then wanted to reinstate the older
mplayer package but couldn't find an i386 version (except as source) in my
apt archive, at debian, or at debian-multimedia.  So I'm out of ideas.

Does anyone know why the skin option vanished?  Is it likely to return to the
distribution?  I know there are other players, but I'd prefer to stick with
the mplayer/mencoder system.

Thanks.