Re: where did gmplayer go?

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 14:24:01 +0000, Steve Kleene wrote:

(...)

> Does anyone know why the skin option vanished?  Is it likely to return
> to the distribution?  I know there are other players, but I'd prefer to
> stick with the mplayer/mencoder system.

Mmm, there is "mplayer-gui" package for wheezy and onwards but there is
no clue on the why it was removed...

I've only found this recent message from D-M developer suggesting the GUI
will be indeed dropped from Debian packages :-?

http://debian-multimedia.org/lurker/message/20111128.165244.fa0cc275.es.html

Greetings,

--
Camaleón