Re: Installing security updates

On Jo, 29 dec 11, 13:41:46, Bob Proulx wrote:

> I think the idea of Testing is incompatible with security upgrades
> only.  That is where Stable comes in.

Yep

> There is the testing updates security archive:
>
>   deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
>
> But I think it relies upon being an overlay for the main archive.  Not
> sure though.  But I don't think you can get away with just that
> sources.list line only.

In recent years testing received security support only via unstable
(a.k.a. normal unstable uploads, but priority=urgent and migrated ASAP
by the Release Team).

For the OP: it seems like your only solution is to watch
debian-security-announce (but you should do that anyway) and apply those
updates as soon as they are available in testing.

Regards,
Andrei