Re: Installing security updates

T o n g wrote:
> Is there any easy way to installing only the security updates?

Yes.  Run Debian Stable which is currently Squeeze and only have
Squeeze archives in your /etc/apt/sources.list file.

Do not run Wheezy nor Sid because those change daily and will offer
much more than security upgrades.

> My box maintaining strategy is, the least maintenance possible the
> better. E.g., I only want to upgrade the minimum set of packages. So of
> all the packages that I need to upgrade, I only want to upgrade those
> security updates. How can I do that?

For me that is the default.  Are you running Stable Squeeze?
Apparently not.  If you were you wouldn't be asking this question.

What are the contents of your /etc/apt/sources.list file (and any
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/* files) that is causing you to be offered
upgrades that are not from Squeeze?  Remove those entries and you will
no longer be offered those upgrades.

Bob