Re: Installing security updates

T o n g wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> >> My box maintaining strategy is, the least maintenance possible the
> >> better. E.g., I only want to upgrade the minimum set of packages. So of
> >> all the packages that I need to upgrade, I only want to upgrade those
> >> security updates. How can I do that?
> >
> > ... Are you running Stable Squeeze? ...
>
> No, I'm with Testing.
> Alright. Got your idea. Will pin down my other normal testing sources.

I think the idea of Testing is incompatible with security upgrades
only.  That is where Stable comes in.

There is the testing updates security archive:

  deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free

But I think it relies upon being an overlay for the main archive.  Not
sure though.  But I don't think you can get away with just that
sources.list line only.

As an idea you might be able to make use of apt-show-versions output
to make selections.  But I have little hope of true success there.

  apt-show-versions

Bob