Re: address and port translation (NAT) no longer required in IPv6 -- but...

On 27/12/11 22:24, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Ma, 27 dec 11, 01:20:27, Rick Thomas wrote:
>>
>> (Sigh!) ;-\ Now if somebody would just manufacture and sell an
>> inexpensive IPv6-capable SOHO router... /-;  (sigh!)

Most of the manufacturers already do (or don't you consider sub-$100AU
cheap?)
Apple, Allied Telesis,  AVM, Buffalo Tech, Cisco, D-Link, Funkwerk E.C.,
*cough* Juniper Networks, Linksys, Sonicwall, Trendnet. All sell "cheap"
home/office routers. That's an incomplete list - and I've not covered
enterprise solutions.

> Get the cheapest router that supports alternate firmware[1]. As far as I
> know most of the alternatives already support IPv6.
>
> [1] OS would be more accurate
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

Anything that'll run DD-WRT will run IPV6 - so chances are you already
have an IPV6 capable router.

Or put some NICs in a dedicated Debian box.

Cheers