Re: fastcgi too slow in debian squeeze

>> On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:26:44 +0530,
>> "J. Bakshi" <bakshi12@gmail.com> said:

J> I have been suffering with the slow performance of my apache server
J> (2.2.16) running on debian wheezy. I have finally pointed out it is the
J> fastcgi which makes the web server so slow. But I really need it as I am
J> also hosting some sites which do require php 5.2. The symptoms of having
J> the fastcgi is very annoying.

J> 1 All sites need 30 or so sec. to open and after that the browsing is
J> again normal for that site.

   Whenever I've had a 30-sec-delay problem opening a site, it's almost
   always been something DNS-related.  Do you have any other apps requiring
   external host resolution that are seeing similar delays?

   A caching DNS resolver usually fixes things, and it's not hard to set up.

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company

You have experienced an Action Request System Error (ARSE).
                  --Remedy error message, much funnier if you're in England