Re: fastcgi too slow in debian squeeze

On 12/20/2011 8:58 PM, Karl Vogel wrote:
>>> On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:26:44 +0530,
>>> "J. Bakshi" <bakshi12@gmail.com> said:
>
> J> I have been suffering with the slow performance of my apache server
> J> (2.2.16) running on debian wheezy. I have finally pointed out it is the
> J> fastcgi which makes the web server so slow. But I really need it as I am
> J> also hosting some sites which do require php 5.2. The symptoms of having
> J> the fastcgi is very annoying.
>
> J> 1 All sites need 30 or so sec. to open and after that the browsing is
> J> again normal for that site.
>
>    Whenever I've had a 30-sec-delay problem opening a site, it's almost
>    always been something DNS-related.  Do you have any other apps requiring
>    external host resolution that are seeing similar delays?
>
>    A caching DNS resolver usually fixes things, and it's not hard to set up.

Installing and configuring pdns-recursor takes less than 2 minutes.
Reading the docs to know what knobs to turn takes 5 min:
http://doc.powerdns.com/built-in-recursor.html#recursor-settings

These time estimates assume one has prerequisite background knowledge.

I've been using pdns-recursor for years on my MX hosts.  Rock solid, no
problems.

--
Stan