Re: Iceweasel 9.0 not loading https pages

On 21/12/11 13:17, Ashton Fagg wrote:
> On 21 December 2011 12:14, Scott Ferguson
> <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I can't find any existing bug reports for this...

<snipped>

>> Other browsers on the same Squeeze box function fine, as does
>> Iceweasel 8 on other Squeeze boxes on the same network.
>>
>> Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
>>

>> Cheers
>
> I upgraded my laptop (also running Squeeze) to Iceweasel 9 about 20
> mins ago, and no issue here. That site you posted works fine for me.
> Are you running any extensions? If so, maybe start Iceweasel with no
> extensions and see if that helps...
>
> Cheers.

It didn't.  But thanks for the thought.

Cheers

On 21/12/11 13:19, Victor Nitu wrote:
> All I can say is: dpkg-reconfigure iceweasel
>
> Then try again. Maybe it is *that* simple.

Unfortunately, no.

> Try installing other Gecko-based browser(s) and see if you can
> reproduce the problem.

Other versions of Iceweasel (and Firefox) work fine. (as previously stated).
The only (change control approved) browsers used are Iceweasel (Gecko),
Konqueror (KHTML) and Lynx (text).

> Else, check for missed and related upgrades, maybe related packages
> that were held back, or recommended ones not installed,

# apt-get -f install
showed no problems.

> and be ready
> to file a bug against the Debian package if something is not in its
> place :)
>
> HTH, Victor

Thanks for the thought though.

I (need to pay wages today) had to roll back to 8 for the time being.
I'll reinstall it when I get a chance and file a bug report. I wasn't
intending to upgrade production boxes to 9 until after Solstice so it's
not a huge problem.

Cheers