Re: where to get patched older kernel for example 2.6.39

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> FWIW, I suspect my mails anyway won't come through the list, since
> my last request for help didn't came through.

Since you emailed me directly in addition to the list (which isn't
needed since I do read the mailing list and emailing me directly means
I receive two separate copies) I will jump in and say that your emails
*are* being posted to the mailing list just fine.  I see 216 postings
from you since August.  But I don't see a request for help from you.
Perhaps there was one in there somewhere.

> It might be not a big step from 2.6 to 3.0 compared to the steps
> from KDE3 to 4 and GNOME2 to 3, but there was a big step from kernel
> 2.6.38 to 2.6.39 regarding to rt abilities/issues, there was a
> small, but important step regarding to ALSA, since a professional
> card switched from PCI to PCI express. There might be some big steps
> regarding to things I don't have knowledge about too. It's very
> relative what's a big step and what not, regarding to abilities and
> to things that are dropped.

That was precisely why I asked if there was a specific feature.  There
may be something that changed but there wasn't any reason to single
out 3.0.0 over 2.6.38.  If you know what that is then you can
determine what you need to do.  If you don't have a target then you
are just shooting wildly the dark without a target.

Bob