Re: Reboot and all I get is a grub prompt [SOLVED]

On Mon 05 Dec 2011 at 12:30:17 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:

> If you are asking which one here... its kde.

I was thinking in terms of the Big Three(TM) having some sort of power
control application, so hibernation could be turned off or access to it
controlled.  Not using KDE I'm unfamiliar with what is possible. On my
machines I'd be inclined to use policykit directly. When I get time it
will be something to try.

> But there was nothing whatsoever on the screen, nor any lights on at
> the on/off button on the face of the computer.

Suspend to RAM I'm familiar with, the power button flashes on and off if
it in use. I've never used hibernate but suspect there may be nothing to
indicate the computer is in that state.