Re: Passwordless root shell is offered when boot problem occurs.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

>>>You mean "Busybox"? :-?
>>
>> I do not know - it appears when something wrong during boot process.
>
>It should be printed out, something like:
>
>***
>BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian x-x-x-x) Built-in shell (xxx)
>***

Oh, no. It's not my case. Nor I have the packages installed.

>If that's what you get it cames out when there is a problem when
>booting, for instance, a missing kernel module for the hard disk
>controller, a bad hard disk identifier at GRUB's menu file, etc. So
>instead having you no option at all and display a black screen
>(because the system is halted), we are presented with the BusyBox.

That's great, just why not to protect it w/ a password prompt? - Or
again, "nobody listening, no exploits are available", etc?! ;o)

>> That's good, but how I can provide password prompting? I remember in
>> past times there was a prompt for Ctrl-d to press and type root's
>> password.
>
>I think that's a different thing :-?

For sure, it is.

>For example, when you go fall into "init 1" you are prompted with
>root's password to get into the maintenance console or continue by
>pressing Ctrl +D, so here you are indeed asked for root's password
>because you are inside the full shell and not inside the limited
>BusyBox environment.

So, where I get into - in my case - having no busybox installed, yet
password-less root shell is granted? 8-0