Re: kate as set apart editor?

Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

>On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 13:22:10 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to use kate as set apart editor?
>
>If the package manager is not preventing from doing so and you are
>installing all of the required packages and libraries, I'd say yes.

Yes, - I have it install already.

>> Having moved from KDE to LXDE, I got diver problems w/ kate - its
>> window parts (the editing area) are update only when cursor is
>> moved, often, it crashes by simple opening 'Open File' dialog.
>
>(...)
>
>I would re-post this at "debian-kde" mailing list and wait for
>feedback.

Oh, great! I did not think so!

>The error messages you are seeing are very common for all of the KDE
>applications, nothing serious (KDE and GNOME are very verbose when you
>launch a GUI based app and there is something they don't like...).

I agree. I suppose it is better (for end user at least) to have
standards on application functions - so that they might themselves
choose their desktop components. - Avoiding complexity of KDE-like DE.