Re: How can I get GNOME 2 back

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 04:24:17PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 11:33:08 +0100, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Well until then maybe GNOME 3 has evolved into a more usable state.
>
> (...)
>
> It is "usable" right now.
>
> Current version 3.0 (the one available in testing) is not as easy to
> configure as it was GNOME 2.32 but when wheezy comes out (as the new
> stable) it will include GNOME 3.2 or even 3.4 so things will have
> improved a lot in comparison to the current state.
>
> Greetings,

---end quoted text---

The only thing I dislike about Gnome3 is the Launcher. Other than that
it's not too bad. One can see it's going to be good for touch screens
and perhaps portable devices.

It would be nice though if we could have a configuration option to use
Gnome3 in the classic sense for those of us using desktops/laptops
without touchscreens going forward. That just makes sense IMO.

--
Cheers,
Stephen, Toronto