Re: Upgrading from Lenny to Squeeze

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 15:36:27 -0500 (EST), Marc Shapiro wrote:
> Stephen Powell wrote:
>> Let me know how that works out for you.  I didn't see any obvious
>> problems in your /etc/apt/sources.list.
>
> Well, that didn't work, but I purged all of the packages with conffiles
> (manually, as I did it before Andrei made his post -- BTW, I don't see
> the -c option in the aptitude manpage) and that seems to have cleaned up
> the mess.  I have not had those warnings pop up since then.

That's not an option.  It isn't "-c", it's "~c".  (It's a tilde, not a
hyphen.)  "~c" is not an option, it's a search pattern.  Search patterns
are mentioned in a few places in the man page, but they really aren't
documented in detail in the man page.  For that you will need to consult
the full aptitude reference manual.  For the reference manual you will
need to install package aptitude-doc-en, which is not installed
automatically.  After installing this package, use a browser to view
the file "/usr/share/doc/aptitude/html/en/index.html".

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :